CAR UTILIZATION: CAN SHORT LINES BE LINKED INTO THE TRAIN II SYSTEM?
The car utilization controls of AAR's Train II computer system are being extended experimentally to 12 short-line railroads as part of the AAR-FRA Freight Car Utilization Demonstration Program. Short railroads, which normally have 5 to 7 percent of the car fleet on line, will gain experience with an automated information system that can interface directly with Train II and will have the opportunity to automate car information, many for the first time. Incremental perdiem would be a further incentive to adopt such a system.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/1586268
Simmons-Boardman Publishing Corporation508 Birch Street
Bristol, CT United States 06010
- Ellsworth, K
- Publication Date: 1977-11-28
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Car utilization (Railroads); Information processing; Management information systems; Short line railroads
- Identifier Terms: Association of American Railroads
- Old TRIS Terms: Short line; Train ii
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00170572
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1978 12:00AM