SUPERTRAM: TYNESIDE'S METRO GATHERS MOMENTUM
The Tyne and Wear Metro--a cross between a railway and tramway system--is the first purpose-built urban transport system to be installed in a major British city for perhaps half a century. Project construction was stopped in May 1976 for a reappraisal of costs and benefits. Now it is going ahead, with the first section of the line due to open in early 1979.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/02624079
- Part 2 in RRIS 23 172644; RRIS Bulletin 7802.
IPC Magazines66-69 Great Queens Street
London WC2E 5DD, England
- ALDOUS, T
- Publication Date: 1977-11-24
- Pagination: 3 p.
- NEW SCIENTIST
- Volume: 76
- Issue Number: 1079
- Publisher: REED BUSINESS INFORMATION LTD
- ISSN: 0262-4079
- TRT Terms: Light rail transit; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: Tyne and Wear Metro
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00170569
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1981 12:00AM