THE ROLL-ON/ROLL-OFF GAME
The paper outlines briefly the basic problems encountered when designing a roll-on roll-off terminal, and the choice of basic equipment available to the Ro-Ro ship and terminal operator. Consideration is given to the equipment required to discharge and load the vessel, the link between the vessel and the shore, the manner in which the cargo will be received from or delivered to the customers, and the handling and storing while in transit through the terminal. Order from: BSRA as No. 46,762.
- Presented at Session on "Ro-Ro Systems for Container and Unitised Handling" at Cargo Systems Conference, London, November 19-20, 1975.
Cargo Systems InternationalArun House, 201-205 High Street
New Malden KT3 4BH, Surrey, England
- Northfield, J
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 15 p.
- CARGO SYSTEMS INTERNATIONAL
- Publisher: Deutsche Bahn AG
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Cargo handling equipment; Handling and storage; Intermodal terminals; Loading and unloading; Roll on roll off ships; Storage facilities; Structural design
- Old TRIS Terms: Terminal design; Terminal facilities
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00170545
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 7 1978 12:00AM