TRANSPORTATION RESEARCH NEEDS RELATED TO SOCIAL, ECONOMIC, AND ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES
This report presents research problem statements (intended to help provide guidance to government agencies, research institutions, industry, universities and others in allocating funds and manpower), six workshop statements, and comments dealing with research needs. The research problem statements cover the following areas: citizen participation; economic and social aspects; engineering economic analysis; freight movement; intermodal freight; pricing; surface freight regulation; and urban goods movement. The workshop papers cover the need for research in industry and government; the social, economic and environmental field; transportation in the rural sector; and transportation energy conservation.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00978515
- Distribution, posting, or copying of this PDF is strictly prohibited without written permission of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academy of Sciences. Unless otherwise indicated, all materials in this PDF are copyrighted by the National Academy of Sciences. Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1977-12
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 41 p.
- Transportation Research Circular
- Issue Number: 187
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
- ISSN: 0097-8515
- TRT Terms: Competition; Conservation; Deregulation; Development; Energy; Energy consumption; Environment; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Intermodal services; Intermodal transportation; Passenger transportation; Prices; Public participation; Rate making; Regulations; Research; Rural areas; Socioeconomic factors; Subsidies; Traffic managers; Transportation; Transportation modes; Transportation policy; Urban areas
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development; Shippers
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Energy requirements; Government regulations; National transportation policies; Transportation research
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Energy; Environment; Law; Research; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00170400
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: May 18 1978 12:00AM