EPICYCLIC GEAR DEVELOPMENT
As part of a comprehensive epicyclic gear development programme, a permanent back-to-back test rig has been installed at Pershore. The rig is designed for full-scale testing of planetary and star gears of up to 25,000 hp. Accurate and reliable instrumentation has been designed and developed by the Applied Physics Laboratory of Amalgamated Power Engineering Ltd's Group Technical Services at Bedford, Particularly for star gears where measurements on the rotating annulus systems required telemetry. For presentation of data, extensive use is made of a four-beam oscilloscope converted by a special Allen adaptor to give a five-beam display. Permanent records are obtained on 35-mm moving film oscilloscope cameras. Order from: BSRA as No. 46,946.
- Cole, GFT
- Lack, G J
- Warin, J W
- Publication Date: 1976-12
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Epicyclic gears; Gears; Instrumentation; Planetary gear trains; Telemetry; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Gear design; Instrumentation technology
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00170162
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 23
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 7 1978 12:00AM