A GENERALISED SYSTEM FOR THE DESIGN AND CALCULATION OF SYSTEMATIC-SERIES MARINE PROPELLERS
The Author discusses design philosophy, both in general and with reference to propeller design, and presents a computerised design system applicable to any propeller family or series whose open-water characteristics can be formulated analytically or tabulated. The system, which covers both hydrodynamic and strength aspects of propeller design, is intended to allow the designer to arrange his problem variables, to establish criteria for his design, selection, or calculation, and to survey the possibilities on which he can base his decisions. The paper is presented under the main headings: 1. Introduction. 2. Application of Series Results. 3. Elements of the System (1--Language. 2--Data. 3--Results). 4. Field of Application of the System (1--Design. 2--Performance. 3--The General Case). 5. Method and Process of Calculation (1--Basic Modules. 2--Treatment of Variables. 3--Treatment of Formulae. 4--Treatment of Curves. 5--Basic Relationships between Variables. 6--Calculation of Series Parameters. 7--Other Design Criteria). 6. Using the System. 7. Examples. 8. Conclusions. Order from: BSRA as No. 46,880.
- This paper was presented at the 14th Sesiones Tecnicas de Ingenieria Naval, held in the Canaries in October 1976.
Asociacion de Ingenieros NavalesApdo Correos 457
- Gonzalez, F F
- Publication Date: 1977-5
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- INGENIERIA NAVAL
- Volume: 45
- TRT Terms: Design; Hydrodynamics; Open water; Performance; Propellers; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Computerized propeller design; Propeller design; Propeller performance
- Subject Areas: Design; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00170151
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 7 1978 12:00AM