PREVENTION AND REMEDY OF SHIP VIBRATION
To prevent or remedy ship vibration it is important to avoid resonance and to reduce exciting forces. To do this, it is necessary to estimate the natural frequencies of various hull structures and the magnitude of exciting forces, particularly in the design stage. The prevention of vibration is more important than its cure, since the latter can be very expensive. The Authors present a practical design method for the prevention of ship vibrations, based on calculating the natural frequencies of the hull girder, superstructure, tanks, and other important structural units, and also on calculating the magnitude of exciting forces due to the propeller and the propulsion plant. Order from BSRA as No. 46,861.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00189820
- Also available from Engineering Societies Library.
Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.2-16, Toyosu 3 Chome, Koto-Ku
Tokyo 135, Japan
- Mano, M
- Ochi, Y
- Fujii, K
- Publication Date: 1977-5
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- IHI Engineering Review
- Volume: 17
- ISSN: 0018-9820
- TRT Terms: Excitation; Hulls; Natural frequency; Propellers; Resonance; Ships; Vibration; Vibration control
- Uncontrolled Terms: Natural frequencies
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull vibration; Propeller excitation; Resonance phenomena; Vibration prevention
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00170041
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1978 12:00AM