CARGO RESTRAINT -- A BILLION DOLLAR GAMBLE?
Cargo restraint systems, both internal and external, are increasingly being regarded as a way to cut down the estimated billion dollar a year bill arising from improper load security. Newcomers in the lashings field include: a pneumatic tensioning; a locking device which has already had sea trials on ro-ro cargoes which may be marketed following further development; a new system based on twistlocks for securing containers in multi-purpose vessels; and a more widespread use of webbings for general cargoes.
Cargo Systems InternationalArun House, 201-205 High Street
New Malden KT3 4BH, Surrey, England
- Publication Date: 1977-6
- Pagination: 3 p.
- CARGO SYSTEMS INTERNATIONAL
- Volume: 4
- Issue Number: 6
- Publisher: Deutsche Bahn AG
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Control; Economic analysis; Freight security; Lashing; Materials management
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo lashing; Cargo restraint; Shock problems
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00168321
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM