THE PROJECT OF CARGO VESSELS
The handling of cargo is one of the main preoccupations of the maritime industry. Because of this, projects of cargo vessels and related structures concerning the handling of cargo should have critical consideration in the maritime industries. However, only in the last ten years or so has cargo handling as a science received significant consideration. This paper discusses the following which are considered to be the basic principles in projects of cargo vessels: 1. For the best transfer of material from one point to another, continuous flow of cargo is necessary. 2. In handling separate units, higher efficiency is achieved through larger units. 3. Straight line movement is the most efficient method in material transfer.
- Published originally by Revista Tecnica e Informativa Ltda., Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, January 1969.
Defense Intelligence AgencyPentagon
Washington, DC United States 20301
- Publication Date: 1969
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Cargo handling equipment
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00013825
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: DIA Transl LN/740/69
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 23 2001 12:00AM