FIRST 10PC4 ENGINES ENTER SERVICE IN THE 'MONGE'
The 54,158 tdw LPG/ammonia carrier "Monge" has a length oa of 231.10 m, a beam of 34.80 m, a draft (max) of 131.56 m, and is powered by twin Atlantique-Pielstick 10PC4V diesel engines each developing 15,000 bhp at 400 rpm giving a speed of 20-f knots. Cargo capacity is 70,914 cubic m and propane, butane and ammonia can be carried with the ship classed to handle liquid gases down to - 46C at 0.275 bar.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/7260964
Engineering, Chemical and Marine Press, Limited33-39 Bowling Green Lane
London EC1P 1AH, England
- Publication Date: 1977-7
- Pagination: p. 53-56
- TRT Terms: Carriers; Diesel engines; Liquefied gases; Liquefied petroleum gas; Propulsion; Ships; Tankers
- Identifier Terms: Monge (Ship)
- Old TRIS Terms: Ship descriptions (Lpg)
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00168307
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM