MARITIME SATELLITE COMMUNICATION
A brief historical review of maritime satellite communication developments in both Europe and the United States is presented. Emphasis is on related activities in Great Britain. Two systems called MARISAT and MAROTS are compared, and the impact of their differences is discussed. Industrial viewpoints are assessed.
- Proceedings of the International Conference on Communications Equipment and Systems, Brighton, England, June 8-11, 1976.
Institution of Electrical EngineersSavoy Place
London WC2R 0BL, NY England 10016-5997
- Willett, R
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: p. 7
- Issue Number: 139
- TRT Terms: Communications satellites; Marine engineering; Navigation systems; Navigational satellites; Satellite communication; Ships; Telecommunications
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00168300
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1978 12:00AM