The 23,000 GRT vessel has an 0 A length of 212.80 M, and two 37.500 BHP gas turbines give it a speed of no less than 30.5 knots. It is the world's largest and fastest passenger/car ferry, and can complete the Helsinki to Travemunde run in 22 hours, or half the previous time. It carries 350 passengers or a combination of passengers, cars and lorries. Sectional drawing general arrangement, machinery arrangement, and schematic diagram of the propulsion control system are shown.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/6660842
Benn Brothers Marine Publications LimitedLyon Tower, 125 High Street, Colliers Wood
London SW19 2JN, England
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile rack cars; Ferries; Passenger ships; Propulsion; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Propulsion systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Car carriers; General arrangement plans; Passenger vessels
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00168178
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM