RECYCLING PAVEMENT MATERIALS
This report summarizes the major activities associated with pavement recycling in the United States by briefly reviewing the key elements of the interim guidelines developed under NCHRP Project 1-17. The following guidelines were developed to provide the following information for the engineer: point out the potential advantages of recycling. Assist in making a preliminary analysis of recycling as an alternative and to identify suitable methodology. Provide guidance and criteria for making a detailed analysis of cost, energy, materials design, structural design, construction specifications and quality control. And, recommend a scheme for evaluation of results to see how well recycling compares to conventional methods of rehabilitation.
- Proceedings of the Sixty-Third Annual Meeting, October 31-November 2, 1977, Atlantic City, New Jersey.
Washington, DC USA 20001
- Epps, J A
- Terrel, R L
- Little, D N
- Publication Date: 1977-11
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 42 p.
- TRT Terms: Building materials; Costs; Driver rehabilitation; Flexible pavements; Pavement design; Pavement maintenance; Quality control; Recycling; Rigid pavements; Specifications
- Uncontrolled Terms: Rehabilitation
- Subject Areas: Construction; Finance; Geotechnology; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Materials; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00167868
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1978 12:00AM