REDUCTION OF NOISE AT THE SOURCE
The principles and problems of elastic mounting are discussed. Mounting procedures are dealt with, and the interaction between machine component, resilient mount, non-rigid foundation and adjacent ship hull is illustrated. Other factors to be considered are summarized. A note on silencers is included.
- Proceedings from Noise Symposium, 23-24 October 1975.
Norske VeritasP.O. Box 6060
Oslo 6, Norway
- Amble, S
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Damping (Physics); Hulls; Noise control; Vibration; Vibration isolation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise reduction
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull vibration; Vibration isolators
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00167784
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper Number 4
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM