PLASMA COATING. ONE ANSWER TO PISTON RING PROBLEMS
The method consists of coating the sliding surfaces of piston rings with pure molybdenum or complex compounds of metal and their carbides, using the plasma technique. The technique is described, and various coating materials are discussed. Adhesion of the base material, surface shape and finish and production methods are dealt with.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/7260964
Engineering, Chemical and Marine Press, Limited33-39 Bowling Green Lane
London EC1P 1AH, England
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Adhesion; Coatings; Durability; Piston rings; Wear
- Old TRIS Terms: Coating adhesion
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00167774
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM