THE FULLY AUTOMATIC RADAR PLOTTER IN THE CONTEXT OF SOME PAST COLLISIONS
Five actual collisions are reviewed to see whether the encounters would have been likely to develop adversely if either or both ships had been equipped with a fully automatic radar plotter. The accidents occurred between 1956 and 1971.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/1783951
Royal Institute of NavigationRoyal Geographical Society, 1 Kensington Gore
London SW7, England
- Wylie, F J
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash avoidance systems; Radar; Radar displays
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic radar plotting; Radar plotting
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00167765
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM