CONTINUING PROJECT ON HIGHWAY RIGHT-OF-WAY AND LEGAL PROBLEMS
A study project has been established to meet the need of state highway and transportation departments regarding the assembly, analysis and evaluation of operating practices and the legal elements of special problems involving right-of-way acquisition and control and highway law in general. A 1976 publication, which was a product of this project and which fills a void in American legal writing, collects the cases dealing with highways and provides a clearinghouse for analysis and discussion of the rules of law announced therein. This publication will consist of 3 volumes: The first two deal principally with problems in the field of eminent domain; the third volume will deal with highway-related problems in the field of contract law, environmental law, intergovernmental relations, and tort liability of state highway departments and their employees. The selected papers published in the above publication are also published as National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP) Research Results Digests.
- Record URL:
- Distribution, posting, or copying of this PDF is strictly prohibited without written permission of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academy of Sciences. Unless otherwise indicated, all materials in this PDF are copyrighted by the National Academy of Sciences. Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1977-8
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Pagination: 7 p.
- NCHRP Research Results Digest
- Issue Number: 96
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
Open Access (libre)
- TRT Terms: Contracts; Eminent domain; Environment; Highways; Intergovernmental relations; Laws; Legal factors; Liability; Property acquisition; Research; Reviews; Right of way (Land); Tort liability
- Uncontrolled Terms: Right of way
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Law; Research;
- Accession Number: 00167572
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: Mar 29 1978 12:00AM