COMMERCIAL PASSENGER RESEARCH AT THE SNCF
LA RECHERCHE COMMERCIALE VOYAGEURS A LA S.N.C.F.
After giving the historical background of commercial research at the SNCF Commercial Department since it was begun in 1967, the author defines the concepts of market research, commercial research and marketing. A cycle exists beginning with knowledge of the market and going through the definition of the product so that the final product can be correctly produced. The purpose of commercial research is to describe and explain. To obtain this result, information methods and techniques are employed; they cover both the qualitative and quantitative aspects. The SNCF has therefore set up a structural commercial research organization that has carried out numerous inquiries, some of which are described. The final objective of commercial passenger research is to fulfil all passenger requirements as closely as possible and thereby improve the efficiency, coherence and quality of the service operated.
Societe Nationale des Chemins de Fer Francais92 rue Bonaparte
75 Paris 6e, France
- CHAUVINEAU, J
- Publication Date: 1977-9
- Features: Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: p. 433-448
- TRT Terms: Intercity travel; Marketing; Passenger service; Passengers; Pricing; Scheduling; Travel demand
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00167504
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Revue Generale des Chemins de Fer
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 27 1977 12:00AM