ULTRASONIC CLEANING OF WIRE MESH FILTERS
DIE ULTRACHALLREINGUNG VON DRAHTMASCHENFILTERN.
Further reflections upon filtration of lube oil in high powered medium-speed engine plants. Problem of cleaning filters from insoluble deposits in the wire mesh. Experiments with ultrasonic removing of clogging material. Investigation of cleaning effect by scanning electron microscopy. Complete removal of deposits by ultrasonic treatment with different solvents as sound conductors. Thoughts on possible developments.
Schroedter (C) and CompanyStubbenhuk 10
Hamburg 11, Germany
- Kaegler, S H
- KOHRS, C
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 2 p.
- Volume: 114
- Issue Number: 9
- Publisher: Deutsche Bahn AG
- TRT Terms: Cleaning; Diesel engines; Electron microscopy; Filters; Lubricating oils; Lubrication; Oil filters; Ultrasonics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Scanning electron microscopy
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel lubrication; Medium speed diesels; Ultrasonic cleaning
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00165866
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 27 1977 12:00AM