A PRACTICAL SYSTEM FOR SBT AND OIL STORAGE
The system comprises the "Mohn" portable cargo heating system and the permanently-installed ballasting system for storage of oil in idle tankers. To bring the cold cargo to pumpable condition, the oil is pumped through a deck-positioned heat exchanger, and the forced circulation cuts down the heating area required by as much as 75%. Ballasting/deballasting is achieved by reversing the impeller of the hydraulically driven ballast pump for the segregated ballast system.
- Published as the Scandinavian Supplement.
IPC Industrial Press LimitedDorset House, Stamford Street
London SE1 9LU, England
- Publication Date: 1977-6
- Pagination: 3 p.
- Marine Week
- Publisher: IPC Business Press Limited
- TRT Terms: Ballast (Ships); Fuel storage; Heat exchangers; Storage facilities; Tankers
- Old TRIS Terms: Ballast pumps; Segregated ballast tankers
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00165849
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 8 1977 12:00AM