AUTO-PASSENGER ICEBREAKER FERRY
AVTOMOBILNO-PASSAZHIRSKIY LEDOKOLNYY PAROM
A brief description is given of the 390-passenger icebreaker ferry, designed for year-round use in the freezing region of the Baltic Sea. The vehicle is capable also of carrying twelve loaded motor vehicles. Hull form data are given along with a description of the passenger quarters, the main machinery and the handling characteristics.
- Originally published in Sudostroyeniye, no. 9, 1968, pp 3-5.
Naval Intelligence CommandAlexandria, VA United States
- Krakovskaya, A I
- Tsyganov, P I
- Publication Date: 1969-4-10
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Ferries; Icebreakers; Maneuverability
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00011977
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Naval Intelligence Command
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 23 1973 12:00AM