AIR PERMEABILITY FROM A MOVING VEHICLE -- FEASIBILITY STUDY
Theory is developed to describe air flow from a moving air source in soil. An air probe of special design is tested in soil of three types at different moisture contents and bulk densities to determine its potential as a tool for field measurement of soil air permeability from a moving vehicle.
- Paper for ASAE Winter Meeting, Chicago, Illinois, December 14-17, 1976.
American Society of Agricultural Engineers2950 Niles Road, P.O. Box 410
St Joseph, MI United States 49085
- Boedicker, J J
- Bowen, H D
- Publication Date: 1976-12
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- ASAE Transactions
- Publisher: American Society of Agricultural Engineers
- TRT Terms: Air; Density; Flow; Fluid dynamics; Measurement; Moisture content; Moisture meters; Permeability; Probes (Measuring devices); Soils
- Uncontrolled Terms: Air flow
- Old TRIS Terms: Flow of fluids; Moisture determination; Permeameters, mechanical permeability; Probes
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00165151
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: ASAE 76-1514 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 27 1977 12:00AM