MANAGEMENT AND SYSTEMS FOR SAFE OPERATIONS
The paper outlines the safety policy of a major company, and centers on their bulk trade. Three types of ships are considered: tankers (including combination carriers), bulk carriers and liquefied gas carriers. Crew training, operating manual and emergency procedures are outlined. The need for simple and to the point safety standards is emphasized.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/1337152
- Presented at the "In Search of Safety: A Seatrade Seminar," in London, England, October 12-13, 1976.
Seatrade Publications LimitedFairfax House
Colchester CO1 1RJ, Essex, England
- Marchant, G A
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 5 p.
- Publisher: Seatrade Publications, Limited
- ISSN: 0037-0428
- TRT Terms: Safety; Ship operations; Standards; Training programs
- Uncontrolled Terms: Safety standards
- Old TRIS Terms: Training courses (Safety)
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00165099
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1977 12:00AM