IMT EPICYCLIC MARINE REDUCTION GEAR WITHOUT LEASTIC COUPLING
When the gears are used for a marine, geared diesel propulsion system such as the 10,000 hp class, the length of the engine room can be shortened by about one meter. Results of experimental and full scale tests show that the torque fluctuation and torsional vibration could be well absorbed by means of the elastic function of the oil film in the floating intermediate rings. Avoidance of resonant vibration and the relatively small increase in strength required are also discussed.
Tokyo News Service Limited10 Ginza Nishi, 8-chome, Chuo-ku
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 5 p.
- Volume: 21
- Issue Number: 13
- Publisher: Tokyo News Service Limited
- TRT Terms: Epicyclic gears; Gears; Lubrication; Reduction gears; Torsion; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Gear lubrication; Torsional vibration
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00165094
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1977 12:00AM