DESIGNING OF LINES FOR MODERN MERCHANT SHIPS
KONSTRUKTION AV LINJER FOR MODERNA HANDELSFARTYG
This book is intended to present the test results and problems which seem to be of special importance in designing the lines of common type ships. The scope of the book is necessarily limited. Small ship types such as trawlers, towboats, and small coastal vessels have not been dealt with since there is a comprehensive special literature in this field. Ship designers can obtain complete data on the design performances. From this literature, it has not been found expedient to consider any details on problems of designing ordinary warships. An important exception, however, has been made by including a chapter on the designing of the lines of destroyers. This ship type is second only to channel steamers in speed and shares many similar problems.
- Originally Published in Transactions of Chalmers University of Technology, n. 163, 1955 ( Division of Shipbuilding 6 ), Gothenburg, Sweden.
Naval Intelligence CommandAlexandria, VA United States
- Lindblad, Anders
- Publication Date: 1969-7-1
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 163 p.
- TRT Terms: Fluid resistance; Hulls; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Hull resistance; Ship design; Ship hulls
- Old TRIS Terms: Model testing
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00011976
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Naval Intelligence Command
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 23 1973 12:00AM