DISCUSSION OF THE PERMISSIBLE SPEED OF FREIGHT TRAINS ON CURVES
The information content concerns the speed of freight trains on curves and the possibility of increasing permissible unbalance to 3 inches, the same as applying to passenger trains. An analysis of the problem and supporting data are given along with a recommendation to increase freight train speed equivalent to passenger trains, namely 3" unbalance speed.
- Letter Correspondence.
- Sandberg, C H
- Publication Date: 1967-2-3
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Curved track; Freight trains; Motor vehicles; Passenger trains; Railroad tracks; Railroad trains; Safety; Stability (Mechanics); Structural design; Superelevation; Technology; Vehicle dynamics; Velocity
- Uncontrolled Terms: Track geometry
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Highways; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00037806
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 15 1976 12:00AM