WHEELS OF LAMINATED STEEL, WHEELS OF SMALL DIAMETER AND WHEELS OF NORMAL DIAMETER
Concerning the performances of wheels in commercial service and loaded in such a way that the ratio P/D is comprised between 10 and 11, the favorable results recorded have been confirmed. From this point of view, the WT quality of steel can be considered as affording a solution. The braking tests have revealed unacceptable deformations in the case of the 920 mm diameter wheels with webs of classical shape. The results obtained with wheels with curved web show that a solution seems to be afforded. For the wheels of a diameter less than or equal to 760 mm, the wheel web shapes at present used by the French and Germans administrations give them an acceptable behavior.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1970
- Pagination: 1 p.
- TRT Terms: Braking; Defects; Size; Technology; Vehicle design; Wheels
- Geographic Terms: France; Germany
- Old TRIS Terms: Web defects; Web defects (Wheels); Wheel defects; Wheel design
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00037754
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 6 1973 12:00AM