UPRATED LRC CLINCHES FOOTHOLD IN HIGH-SPEED PASSENGER MARKET
Design of the first two five-car Light Rapid Comfortable (LRC) production trainsets for Amtrak is described. Higher powered diesel locomotives and other changes are incorporated in these trains, scheduled for delivery in 1978/1979, as compared with the prototype which has operated for several years. Completion of an extensive test program has proven the validity of the original design principles and the LRC builders have hopes for further orders.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/03735346
IPC Transport Press, LimitedDorset House, Stamford Street
London SE1 9LU, England
- Publication Date: 1977-9
- Features: Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: High speed rail; Multiple unit trains; Passenger cars; Passenger comfort; Technology; Tilting trains; Vehicle design
- Geographic Terms: Canada
- Old TRIS Terms: Light rapid comfortable; Passenger car design
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00163773
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 29 1977 12:00AM