TRIAL STRATEGY AND TECHNIQUES USING THE COMPARABLE SALES APPROACH TO VALUATION
This paper describes the various strategies and techniques that have been used successfully by the author with respect to the comparable sales approach to valuation. The psychology of a trial, the selection of the jury, the valuation witness and trial preparation are discussed as they relate to the trial outcome. Fair market value, comparable sales approach to value, admissibility of evidence of sales made to a condemming agency, elements of comparability, trial tactics, the use of evidence, selection of witnesses, and the role of the judge are also discussed.
- Record URL:
- A report submitted under ongoing NCHRP Project 20-6, Right-of-Way and Legal Problems Arising Out of Highway Programs. Distribution, posting, or copying of this PDF is strictly prohibited without written permission of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academy of Sciences. Unless otherwise indicated, all materials in this PDF are copyrighted by the National Academy of Sciences. Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1973-6
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Pagination: 13 p.
- NCHRP Research Results Digest
- Issue Number: 47
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
Open Access (libre)
- TRT Terms: Appraisals; Evidence; Judges; Judicial processes; Land values; Market value; Trials; Witnesses
- Old TRIS Terms: Jury selection; Land appraisal; Strategy
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Law;
- Accession Number: 00163608
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: Oct 13 1977 12:00AM