TRIAL STRATEGY AND TECHNIQUES USING THE COMPARABLE SALES APPROACH TO VALUATION
This paper describes the various strategies and techniques that have been used successfully by the author with respect to the comparable sales approach to valuation. The psychology of a trial, the selection of the jury, the valuation witness and trial preparation are discussed as they relate to the trial outcome. Fair market value, comparable sales approach to value, admissibility of evidence of sales made to a condemming agency, elements of comparability, trial tactics, the use of evidence, selection of witnesses, and the role of the judge are also discussed.
- Digital Copy:
- A report submitted under ongoing NCHRP Project 20-6, Right-of-Way and Legal Problems Arising Out of Highway Programs.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1973-6
- Pagination: 13 p.
- NCHRP Research Results Digest
- Issue Number: 47
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
Open Access (libre)
- TRT Terms: Appraisals; Evidence; Judges; Judicial processes; Land values; Market value; Trials; Witnesses
- Old TRIS Terms: Jury selection; Land appraisal; Strategy
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Law;
- Accession Number: 00163608
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: Oct 13 1977 12:00AM