A FUEL ADDITIVE TO STOP EXHAUST VALVE CORROSION
Corrosive and abrasive constituents in heavy fuel are shown in terms of chemical formula and melting temperature. Characteristics of bunker oils are also shown. The paper then describes a new additive, Ameroid MK IV, which was very successful in preventing corrosion of exhaust valve seats and Mushroom. A deposit is formed, but this is brittle and is easily blown off.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/7260964
Engineering, Chemical and Marine Press, Limited33-39 Bowling Green Lane
London EC1P 1AH, England
- Levi, E J
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Corrosion protection; Diesel engines; Diesel fuels; Fuel additives; Heavy oils; Valves; Vehicle maintenance
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel maintenance
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00163472
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 13 1977 12:00AM