CAN AUTOMATION IMPROVE TRACTION?
Parameters influencing traction and potentials for the incorporation of sensor elements and feedback control loops to automate parameter modifications for improved traction performance are discussed. Application of automatic control systems to the optimization of off-road traction devices are suggested.
- Presented at the ASAE Winter Meeting held in Chicago, December 14-17, 1976.
American Society of Agricultural Engineers2950 Niles Road, P.O. Box 410
St Joseph, MI United States 49085
- Young, R E
- Schafer, R L
- Publication Date: 1976-12
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- ASAE Transactions
- Publisher: American Society of Agricultural Engineers
- TRT Terms: All terrain vehicles; Automatic control; Automation; Control systems; Feedback control; Offroad traffic; Sensors; Tires; Traction; Truck tractors; Vehicles
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00163394
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: ASAE 76-1521
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1977 12:00AM