RESULTS OF OPTIMUM SHIP ROUTING
This paper introduces the topic of "Optimum Ship Routing" Services, provided for vessels engaged in Trans-Ocean Trades. It identifies the various goals of Ship Routing Services, outlines the World-Wide Data gathering Systems utilized, and indicates the various types of Service performed to aid Vessel Operating Companies achieve efficient results. A review of several case histories is accomplished to offer results of a "Safety Crossing", and "Least Time Transit, and "Economic Fuel Burn". Presentation of statistical results-of-service data are offered with a discussion of the economic benefits available to service subscribers.
- Proceedings of Second International Waterborne Transportation Conference, October 5-7, 1977, New York City. Available April, 1978, approximately 750 pages. Cost: to ASCE members $15.00; non-members $30.00.
New York, NY USA 10017-2398
- Raguso, R A
- Publication Date: 1977
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Economic analysis; Marine transit; Routing; Ship management; Ships; Weather routing
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship routing
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00170793
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Society of Civil Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM