PRE-PAID FARE COLLECTION
There are various means to collect revenues from users of transportation services. One of the most convenient and cost-effective manner is by pre-collecting revenues. When revenues are pre-collected, there are several benefits to be gained. Quicker boarding and alighting times, reduced manpower costs to collect and count revenue, increased security and public convenience are several key benefits derived when pre-paid, self-service systems are implemented.
- Proceedings of Second International Waterborne Transportation Conference, October 5-7, 1977, New York City. Available April, 1978, approximately 750 pages. Cost: to ASCE members $15.00; non-members $30.00.
New York, NY USA 10017-2398
- Fischer, B E
- Publication Date: 1977
- TRT Terms: Cost effectiveness; Fare collection; Marine transit; Passenger ships; Passenger transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Passenger vessels
- Subject Areas: Finance; Marine Transportation; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00170792
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Society of Civil Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1981 12:00AM