THE ECONOMICS OF WATER TRANSPORTATION FOR SOUTH SHORE WORK TRIP COMMUTERS TO BOSTON
In this paper an economic analysis is undertaken to examine the feasibility of utilizing two-HM. 2 Hoverferry(s) or an S-120 displacement vessel in order to satisfy the travel demand of work trip commuters between Hingham and Boston, Mass. Level-of-service, system costs, cost and demand curves, financing arrangements and potential risks are discussed. It is indicated that the implementation of either one of the watercraft solely for work trip commuters to Boston is a high risk venture.
- Proceedings of Second International Waterborne Transportation Conference, October 5-7, 1977, New York City. Available April, 1978, approximately 750 pages. Cost: to ASCE members $15.00; non-members $30.00.
New York, NY United States 10017-2398
- Curtis, F
- Publication Date: 1977
- TRT Terms: Economic analysis; Ferries; Financing; Marine transit; Passenger transportation; Planning; Risk analysis; Transportation; Waterways
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation costs
- Old TRIS Terms: Economic analysis (Waterway transportation); Financing plans
- Subject Areas: Economics; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General); Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00170786
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Society of Civil Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1981 12:00AM