VEHICLE DETECTOR LOOP CABLES
This report presents the findings of the final phase of an investigation, the purpose of which was the selection of traffic detector loop configuration, their lead-ins, their wires, and their installation, on a sound engineering basis. The investigation includes not only theoretical and practical studies of the electrical, mechanical and environmental properties of wires, but also an analysis of the transformation of the detection information between lead-in input and output. Loop wire insulation studies, with respect to its electrical properties and mechanical and environmental bearings, are also included. A questionnaire was prepared to obtain comments on electrical and mechanical problems of loops from those with practical experience in the field. Detailed recommendations for traffic loop installation and suggested areas for further study are presented.
- Prepared for New South Wales Department of Main Roads.
Amalgamated Wireless (Australasia) Limited422 Lane Cove Road
North Ryde, New South Wales 2113, Australia
- DEAN, K G
- MacDonald, D E
- MORRIS, D J
- Publication Date: 1977-10
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Bearings; Cables; Electric insulating materials; Electric wire; Insulating materials; Loops (Control systems); Traffic; Vehicle detectors
- Old TRIS Terms: Loops (Electrical)
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00170427
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Report No. R77-28
- Contract Numbers: NSWDMR Ref. 77M.1451
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 12 1978 12:00AM