PROJECT DESCRIPTION AND TENTATIVE SCOPE OF WORK FOR PRELIMINARY ENGINEERING AND RELATED ACTIVITIES--ST. PAUL DOWNTOWN PEOPLE MOVER DEMONSTRATION
The St. Paul system which will demonstrate the federal Downtown People Mover (DPM) program, will incorporate a horizontal elevator type system for circulation within downtown areas, and will complement a growing public skyway system (second-level walkways) and encourage an orderly revitalization of the various activity areas within the dowtown area. This document describes the first phase-Preliminary Engineer--which will provide all materials needed to initiate the design and construction of the DPM. The work tasks are reviewed and include management, coordination with UMTA, community involvement and public information, ridership forecasts and market analysis, preliminary operation plan, bus and DPM integration plan, fringe parking, street and highway improvements, supplier liaison, vehicle and subsystem characteristics, system safety and performance assurance, guideways, stations, patron security planning, advance guideway and station engineering, urban development opportunities, socio-economic impact, cost estimates, benefit-cost, value capture, project schedule, financial plan and cash flow analysis, and the environmental impact assessment statement. The implementation plan is also outlined.
St. Paul Metropolitan Transit Commission160 E Kellogg Boulevard
St. Paul, MN USA 55101
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1977-5-3
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Bus transportation; Central business districts; Demonstration projects; Environmental impacts; Forecasting; Fringe parking; Guideways; People movers; Public participation; Railroad stations; Ridership; Security; Socioeconomic factors; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Urban transportation; Walkways
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation administration
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Highways; Motor Carriers; Planning and Forecasting; Security and Emergencies; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00165928
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 3 1978 12:00AM