SYSTEMS APPROACH TO PAVEMENT DESIGN: IMPLEMENTATION PHASE
The appendices included in this report are for the use of persons directly involved in the operation of a computer program (SAMPG). This program provides a basis for selecting flexible pavement design and management strategies with the lowest predicted total costs over a prescribed analysis period when considering such cost elements as initial construction, routine maintenance, periodic rehabilitation, interest on investment, salvage value, and roadway user costs. This program has been pilot tested in three states and found to be implementable where suitable computer facilities and personnel are available.
- Supplement to NCHRP Report 160, Flexible Pavement Design and Management-Systems Approach Implementation. Prepared for the Transportation Research Board, National Cooperative Highway Research Program.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
- Lytton, R L
- McFarland, W F
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Flexible pavements; Implementation; Maintenance; Management; Pavement design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Highway user costs
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Pavements; Research;
- Accession Number: 00165920
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: NCHRP Proj. 1-10A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 12 1978 12:00AM