A SURVEY ON SOME RECENT BRITISH WORK ON THE BEHAVIOUR OF WARSHIP STRUCTURES
Entirely rational elastic or plastic design procedures for surface ship structures have not been achieved. During the past 15 years, considerable advances and development both in the understanding of the mechanics of ship structures and in the application of digital computers to ship problems have been made. This is a report on research in progress to obtain information on loadings at sea, with regard to both extreme and repeated cyclic loading.
Ship Structure CommitteeNational Academy of Science, 2101 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20418
- Clarkson, J
- Publication Date: 1966-11
- Features: References;
- TRT Terms: Elastic analysis; Plastic analysis; Repeated loads; Structural analysis
- Identifier Terms: Ship Structure Committee
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00164223
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Structure Committee
- Report/Paper Numbers: SSC-178 Spec Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 29 1977 12:00AM