THE SELECTION OF AN ECONOMICAL RAIL SECTION
Six existing rail sections of 6 different weights from 115 to 140 alloys were analyzed, which have been designed or improved to meet requirements of heavy, high speed loads with an adequate margin of safety. With at least a 9% rate of return for both railroads, a combination of the existing sections is needed to satisfy the various requirements of the new rail territories - 140 lb for the high, 133 lb. for medium and 115 lb. for the low traffic density and speed territories. A new 122 lb. rail section has been designed which embraces 98% of the B and O - C and O new rail territories. Cost savings by use of the single 122 lb. section for both railroads is estimated.
Chesapeake and Ohio RailwayTerminal Tower, PO Box 6419
Cleveland, OH United States 44101
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 80 p.
- TRT Terms: Costs; Economics; Rail (Railroads); Railroad traffic; Safety; Structural design; Technology
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Rail design
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00037599
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 6 1976 12:00AM