LOADING CALCULATIONS FOR MERCHANT SHIPS
Following an introductory statement of the problem of load distribution, the development of instruments for performing the necessary calculations is reviewed. The design principles and operation of the analogue and digital stress computers manufacturered by Kockum's Automation AB are described. The paper concludes with a note on a method for carrying out on-line stress calculations. Order from: BSRA as No. 46,738.
- Presented at Symposium held at University of Southampton, July 5-8, 1976.
Marine Electronics 1976Southampton, England
- Sten, L R
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Automation; Digital computers; Hulls; Load transfer; Loading and unloading; Ships; Stresses
- Old TRIS Terms: Digital systems; Hull stress; Ship automation; Stress computer program
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00170772
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM