AUTOMATION OF TANKERS FOR UNATTENDED MACHINERY SPACE OPERATION
The basic requirements for Unattended Machinery Space operation are discussed and examples are given on how these requirements are currently met within the alarm annunciator field. More complex systems employing scanning techniques controlled from a central processor are also briefly reviewed. The ideal system is visualized as a compromise between the two extremes, which provides full system documentation and test facilities to facilities on-board repair. Order from: BSRA as No. 46,735.
- Paper presented at Symposium held at University of Southampton, July 5-8, 1976.
Marine Electronics 1976Southampton, England
- Hobgen, D W
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Alarm systems; Automatic control; Automation; Engine rooms; Machinery; Tanker shipping
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic control systems; Machinery automation; Tanker automation; Unmanned engine rooms
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00170756
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM