ADAPTING A NEW CONTAINMENT SYSTEM TO A SHIPBUILDER'S PRODUCT
Increased competition by yards out side the United States for LNG ship contracts has led Sun Shipbuilding & Dry Dock Company to investigate the possibility of developing technically superior and more cost-efficient methods for the design and construction of this type of ship. This paper presents the design aims for the containment system and gives some particulars of the combined Gaz Transport Membrane/McDonnel Douglas 3D Foam System which was evolved to meet these requirements. Order from: BSRA as No. 46,618.
- Presented at GASTECH 76, LNG & LPG Conference, New York, October 5-8, 1976.
Gastech Exhibitions Limited,
- Eisenbeigler, F P
- Mazzei, J D
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Containing equipment; Economic analysis; Liquefied gases; Liquefied natural gas; Naval architecture; Ships; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Old TRIS Terms: Containment vessels; Lng containment systems
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00170753
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM