A CASE STUDY IN NEW TERMINAL DEVELOPMENT: THE SEA-LAND FACILITY
This Paper concerns the planning and development of a ship container terminal facility from the very early stages through its construction and opening for operation. The facility is part of the Portsmouth Marine Terminal located on the Elizabeth River in Portsmouth, Virginia. It was put in service in November, 1975, and has been operating satisfactorily since with no difficulty from design or construction.
- Presented at Symposium on Marine Resource Development in the Middle Atlantic States, Williamsburg, Virginia, October 29-30, 1976.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Stroud, G H
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Container terminals; Development; Intermodal terminals; Marine terminals; Structural design; Terminal operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Terminal design; Terminal development; Terminal facilities
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00170752
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM