ICE PRESSURE ON ENGINEERING STRUCTURES
Summarizes the existing knowledge on forces exerted by an expanding ice sheet, impact forces of ice on structures, and vertical forces exerted by ice on hydraulic structures, incl mathematical computations. A section on icebreakers touches upon their characteristics with emphasis on icebreakers in navigable rivers and lakes, and discusses the mechanics of icebreaking. Ice models, their laws of complete similitude, the two types, one representing only the hydrodynamic behavior of ice, the other for studying the collapse of an ice sheet and their practical limitations are also discussed.
Hanover, NH United States 03755-1290
- Michel, B
- Publication Date: 1970
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 71 p.
- TRT Terms: Force; Ice; Icebreakers; Icebreaking; River ice; Rivers
- Old TRIS Terms: Ice forces on structures
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00037584
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Arctic Institute of North America
- Report/Paper Numbers: III-B1b
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 10 1973 12:00AM