COMPUTER APPLICATIONS IN SHIP TECHNOLOGY
The book covers such subjects as the digital computer and its usage; the role of the computer; preliminary design applications; and generation of a fair hull surface. It also covers detailed design calculations; production applications; management applications; and making the best use of the computer and further developments. It also points out the differences between design, production and management applications. In discussing recent developments, the book explains the limitations of minicomputers as contrasted to general purpose computers. It also discusses the part that advanced information systems can play. References are cited at the end of each chapter; in addition, sources for further reading are suggested.
- Price is $16.00.
Heyden & Son Incorporated247 South 41st Street
Philadelphia, PA United States 19104
- Kuo, C
- Publication Date: 1977-11
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 156 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer aided design; Data management; Digital computers; Hulls; Information processing; Information systems; Naval architecture; Ships; Surfaces; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Old TRIS Terms: Digital systems; Hull geometry; Hull surfaces; Ship technology
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00170738
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Heyden & Son Incorporated
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM