PREVENTIVE MEASURES FOR DAMAGES OF SHIP HULL CAUSED BY CORROSION AND CORROSION FATIGUE
The effects of several factors influencing corrosion are analysed. The relation between corrosion and vibration, and the capability of corrosion fatigue prevention by painting, cathodic protection or enclosure with inert gas are discussed. Welding tests and tests on models of structural members with slotted connections are reported. Application of the results obtained to the design of structures is dealt with.
Shipbuilding Research Association of Japan35 Shiba Kotohira-cho, Minato-ku
Tokyo 105, Japan
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 150 p.
- TRT Terms: Cathodic protection; Corrosion; Corrosion protection; Fatigue (Mechanics); Hulls; Joints (Engineering); Noble gases; Protection; Structural design; Welds
- Uncontrolled Terms: Inert gas systems; Welded joints
- Old TRIS Terms: Corrosion fatigue; Hull corrosion prevention; Hull protection
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00170734
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 77
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM