PERSONNEL RECRUITMENT AND TRAINING FOR LARGE OFFSHORE DRILLING OPERATIONS--A CASE HISTORY
The paper represents a case history covering a span of 4 years during which personnel were recruited, trained and developed to staff a very large drilling operation offshore Scotland, started in 1972. Included in the paper are some details of the reasons why certain groups of personnel were selected and how they were placed into the overall operational framework of a big, semisubmersible drilling rig operation (SEDCO). A description of the training centre is given.
- Presented at the Conference in Houston, Texas, May 2-5, 1977.
Offshore Technology Conference6200 North Central Expressway
Dallas, TX United States 45206
- WILSON, L
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Offshore drilling platforms; Offshore oil industry; Ship crews; Training; Training programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (General)
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00170731
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 3014, Vol 4 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM