MULTI-ENGINE PROPULSION WITH MEDIUM-SPEED ENGINES FOR TUGS
The tugs are divided into five categories: Sea-going tugs, harbour tugs, sea-going and harbour tugs, offshore-service tugs, and pusher boats. Choice optimal propulsion system is outlined. Multi-engine plants acting on one propeller, and engines for tugs and similar vessels are discussed. Typical installations are shown.
- Presented at the Convention in Rotterdam, Aprl 18-22, 1977.
International Tug Convention (5th)Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Gogarten, F
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel engines; Propulsion; Tugboats; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel propulsion; Medium speed diesels; Propulsion machinery
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00170727
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM