HULL FORM DESIGN, ITS PRACTICE AND THEORETICAL BACKGROUND
The design procedure and preliminary analysis for sheltering effect are given with practical applications to cargo liner and container ship models including their model tank tests. Wave analysis methods are reviewed. The basic assumptions for the linear wave theory are discussed through the analysis of the actual flow field, and a new concept of the wave propagation is proposed.
- Presented at the International Seminar on Wave Resistance, Tokyo, February, 1976.
Society of Naval Architects of Japan23 Shiba-kotohiracho, Minato-ku
Tokyo 135, Japan
- Inui, T
- Kajitani, H
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Containerships; Flow fields; Hulls; Vehicle design; Wave motion; Waveform analysis; Waves
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull forms; Model testing; Wave theory
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00170722
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM