GRAVITY STRUCTURE DECK FATIGUE ANALYSIS
An analysis procedure was developed to assess the fatigue durability of the large steel decks of north sea-type gravity platforms. A spectral analysis method was used to develop the stress history, and the "palmgren-miner" cumulative damage rule was used to calculate predicted durability. Based on extensive analysis of actual structures, a critical review is given of the assumptions underlying these techniques.
- Presented at the Conference, Houston, Texas, May 2-5, 1977.
Offshore Technology Conference6200 North Central Expressway
Dallas, TX USA 45206
- Prasthofer, P H
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Fatigue strength; Gravity structures; Offshore structures; Spectrum analysis; Structural analysis
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00170720
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 3010, Vol 4 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM